Followers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Let's Play Catch-Up with Small Stones!

Playing catch-up.
Again.

Work has got to stop interfering with my life this way!
Buried alive in work
and here I am blogging.
There's a name for this, that I just learned
Positive procrastination.
I like it!

Anyway, fell way behind with the stones again
because it's been another hectic week.

Monday, I finally got around to coloring my hair.
(It was another lovely moment of positive procrastination!)
Hadn't been colored in 5 weeks, and to me, the gray was way too noticeable.
So, of course, that provided a stone for me:

A little bottle, 
A little time, 
No more gray. 

Short, sweet, and to the point.
I like it. :-)

But, that little pebble wasn't the one that I posted in the
Small Stones Facebook group.
This is my 'official' small stone from Monday the 21st:

The soft snores of
two cats & a man
provide the background music
to an unexpected moment of bliss.

That was Monday evening, after dinner.
Other half was in a food coma,
cats were just in their regular coma.
I was sitting at the laptop, just listening.
And feeling that everything was right in the world.
For that moment, it was.

Tuesday was another hectic day, in a series of hectic days.
Brain was fried from a meeting with accountants
speaking accountant-speak.

Mind buzzing,
whirling around madly,
trying to figure it all out. 
All I figured out was
I'm tired.

Pretty clear, huh? LOL

Moving on to Wednesday, and, you guessed it,
another hectic day!
If the rest of the year is like January has been so far,
I think I will scream. And cry. And have temper tantrums.
Fair warning.

Driving home, 
traffic on the highway reminds me of
gnats buzzing around my head.

The imagery is pretty apt
since everyone here in the Indianapolis area
swears they are driving in the Indy 500.

And that brings us to today. Thursday.
Still buried in work.
Still finding ways to not get started and get it done.

Woke up this morning to a bit of a surprise...

Like a thief in the night,
winter came, 
stole my green grass
and left a white blanket behind.

I don't know why I was so surprised -
the weather forecast did call for a chance of snow showers.
But, they also said there would be no accumulation,
not even enough for ground cover.
Ok, so they were right on the 'no accumulation' part, but
not so right on the 'ground cover' part.
It amazes me how often the weather forecast is wrong
and yet I still believe them!

Looks like I went into the wrong line of work.

Speaking of work, I can't put it off any longer.






















No comments:

Post a Comment