Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Small Stone, Day 6

Day 6 and I feel like I'm cheating a bit.
Today's stone is actually
something I noticed yesterday.
But, it burrowed deep inside
and fermented for awhile
before coming to the surface.

So, does that count?
Or, do I need to write another stone today
detailing something I noticed today?

I must admit, it kind of feels like a cheat,
but I'm putting it out there anyway
because I like it.
So there!

The frost envelops the bare branches
like sparkling fairy dust, 
transforming a frigid winter day
into sheer magic. 

There's something about this one that I really like.
Maybe it's because it allows me to see what I saw yesterday
driving down the drab, gray interstate.
All along the sides of the road, all the small trees and bushes were
covered in frost.

And, it was magical.

I love those little moments when I can feel
the child inside of me
sit up and take notice.
I can hear her "ooh" and "ahh"
and it makes me smile.

So, even if it is cheating to use
something I noticed yesterday
for today's stone,
forgive me for the cheat.
To me, it's worth it.

And who knows?
Maybe I'll have something else to add today.
You just never know what you might notice
once you start paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment