Followers

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Small Stone, Day 11

Okay, this isn't a cheat.
The small stone was written on the 11th,
and it was posted on the Facebook page
for the mindful writing group on the 11th.

The problem is,
it's not very good.
I was rushed,
it was getting late,
and I had just found out that
I basically have to work all weekend.

And by all weekend, I mean
ALL weekend.
Lots of data entry to input
to try and get caught up on orders
for my job.
How special is that?

So yeah, it was a rushed stone
and not a very good one.

I find that the more I want to
devote time to the things
that matter most to me,
the more real life interferes
and tries to throw me off the path.

This past week has been very busy
and I haven't been able to devote the time I want
to the things that I want to do.
I guess it's the problem everyone has.

I have to work to make a living
but I end up living to work.
Where is that elusive balance I so desperately need?
Where, oh where, is my magic lottery ticket?

Anyway,
here is my shitty small stone for Day 11.
There is no heart or soul here
I phoned it in, and it shows.
But, at least I wrote SOMETHING.

Eyes are being assaulted by the Sandman...
It's too early to go to bed for the night, 
but it's too late for a nap. 
I'm fighting a battle I'm going to lose. 
Where did I put that white flag?

Well, it has one thing going for it -
it's honest.

Hoping that Day 12 affords me a
few moments of mindfulness
midst the hours of work ahead of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment