Followers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Small Stone, Day 3

Here we are. Day 3.
I'd like to say I'm going strong, but that would be a lie.
Real life is interfering in a way that I resent.
But, I did stop work for a few minutes.
Long enough to look out the window.
To notice something.
To feel that delight when I knew it could be a pebble to toss in the river.

And so, here is my small stone for today:

The cars drive down the unplowed road,
gliding and spinning with an unexpected grace. 
Motorized ice skaters put on quite a show.

Herein lies my frustration: the event itself filled me with glee, but the writing doesn't.

Well, it's in the river now, so maybe the current will wash it clean and make it sparkle. Or, it could just sink to the bottom and disappear into the mud.




No comments:

Post a Comment