Followers

Friday, January 4, 2013

Small Stone, Day 4

Today's stone is brought to you by the Universe.

Just when I think the magic has disappeared,
up pops a most wonderful gift to show me that
it's always around.
All I have to do is look up, look around.
Pay attention.

Merging onto the highway,
my attention is suddenly not on the traffic. 
I'm transfixed by the splash of rainbow color
on a wispy cloud in a small patch of blue.
It's a moment of magic on 
on a gray day; 
a gift received with glee.

I had heard of iridescence in the clouds before. I had even seen it once before about two months ago.

Having seen it once, I thought that was it. I thought I'd used up my moments of magic and I'd never see it again.

So, when I looked up and saw it again, I felt like a little girl again - amazed by the awesomeness of the universe.

What a nice reminder to pull me out of the dreary routine of everyday life.

2 comments: