Followers

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Small Stone, Day 20

Wow
Day 20 of the Mindful Writing Challenge already!
11 more days to go.
But, I think I may just keep this going after the month is over.
It's good practice to write something every day.

Lord knows I've missed writing.
It tortures me, at times,
but it's part of who I am.
I've been doing this all of my life.
Off and on.
Bursts of mad creativity
followed by extremely dry spells.

I think this challenge has actually helped me though.
It used to be that I could only write
if something was on my mind,
or if something was eating at me.
But, I'm finding that by just paying attention,
I can find something cool to write about
no matter what my mood or the circumstances.

That, to me, is a huge breakthrough.

So, we'll see if I can keep this going.
It would be a shame to have started this blog and
then let it wither and die after January is over.
That's the plan, then.
I'll just keep writing.

Today's small stone is tiny.
Just a moment's awareness
that crystallized into words:

Monday hovers over
this Sunday evening
like some overbearing lover
you can't get rid of. 

Doesn't that say it all?
I hate how Monday rears it's ugly little head
and invades my Sunday evening.
Pushy bitch.
You can't come in yet.
Go away.
It's still the weekend.
It's still MY time.
You are not welcome on my time.

Can you tell I really don't like Mondays?

No comments:

Post a Comment