Followers

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Small Stone, Day 8

I had to run to the bank today to deposit a check.
It's an event
because my bank is 25 miles away.
Living out in the boonies
means nothing is close.

Noticed a lot of state boys out and about on my way to the bank.
Sitting there, waiting to catch someone speeding
or driving recklessly
or who knows what.

The highway was full of them.
But, I thought nothing of it.

Until, that is, I made my return trip home.

I saw the familiar lights and thought
'oh, they snagged someone.'
And then, coming closer, I saw there were
two cop cars pulling over a pick-up truck.

And what really caught my attention?
One cop was walking a German Shepherd around the truck.
It was a young German Shepherd
Possibly a trainee.

It was just so odd that it stuck in my brain.
And become my small stone for today:

Red & blue pulsating lights at the side of the road.
A stunning, young black & tan German Shepherd 
is determinedly doing his job,
walking around and sniffing a cherry red pick-up.
What do you smell, handsome boy? 
Will there be extra treats for you when you're done?

An interesting small stone.
Truthfully, it was rather disconcerting, in a way.
But, like Scarlett O'Hara, I'm just
not going to think about that right now.
Nope, I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment